Sunday, September 6, 2009

AZAWAKH: Tahatmellet Idiiyat-es-Sahel

Tahatmellet means one of the kels (clans) of the Tamasheq. It means 'those of the white horses'. A very special dog. To me he is Africa. His eyes. His movement. His character. Bred by Daoud Abdullah Abdullah, out of Tamahan, desert bred, and Clarity Noowairah, who was sired by another very special dog, Al-Ifriqiya Kaisoon, also bred by Daoud. For those who are getting multiple email notifications, I apologize. Blogger is giving me trouble; I think The Gremlin is at it again.

1 comment:

  1. nice photos - he is growing well
    think I met his dam when in GA but not sure and am very interested to watch him grow, please keep us posted as we have watched him from David's blog as he grew from puppyhood and now to you as his co-owner - love the intense and driving "look" in the first one - thanks again, Andra from Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Viewers have tried to comment, so I have opened up comments to the public again. (Due to repeated abusive language submitted by one person, I have restricted comments for a while.) The sporadic technical glitches persist. I see blank comments coming in frequently. Blogger needs to fix this, one of these days. Please email me if your comment does not appear.