Sunday, August 28, 2011

Azawakh: Meet The Breed

Top photo shows Connie Thompson handling Tombouktou's X'Enayat at Meet The Breed 27-28 August, 2011, Santa Rosa, California . I guess I should mention that Enayat is my Azawakh, but as usual I was on my knees, clicking away on my camera, that's why Connie was handling her.

On the second day (Sunday) of Meet The Breed, I brought Tahatmellet Idiiyat-es-Sahel, a 2-1/2 year old red brindle male. As you can see from the photos, he's quite outgoing and would consort with strangers. This is atypical for an Azawakh.

The tall red male Connie is holding is Tombouktou's Atakor. I am pleased with the steadiness of his nerves - for a 2 year old male with neither collar nor leash nor civilization being any part of his repertoire. He took everything in stride - note his tail position and his willingness to be handled by a total stranger in an environment totally foreign to him.

In'AmakTak or 'Tak' for short came along with Bob and Shirley and decided to outdo Tahatmellet's gregariousness by grabbing some attention for himself. He jumped onto the table like a gazelle and put himself into a show stack. "Look, Ma" he said to Shirley, "I can do this with my eyes closed."


2 comments:

  1. Mimi,

    It was great fun and the dogs were AWESOME!!! You know I wanted to take Tahatmellet home with me! ;o)

    Thanks so much for helping me out!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Connie! I had fun both days, and the dogs did too. Tahatmellet would have gone home with you if I hadn't been CAREFULLY hanging on to him :-)).

    ReplyDelete

Viewers have tried to comment, so I have opened up comments to the public again. (Due to repeated abusive language submitted by one person, I have restricted comments for a while.) The sporadic technical glitches persist. I see blank comments coming in frequently. Blogger needs to fix this, one of these days. Please email me if your comment does not appear.