Sunday, December 30, 2012

In The Wake Of The Sandy Hook Massacre

Remember the 1992 Los Angeles Riots? Hollywood screenwriter Robert J. Avrech just re-published / relived his personal experience, click here to read about it.

Do you know that when Hitler and Stalin snatched power, one of their first moves was to outlaw private gun ownership? They understood that armed citizens were a mortal threat to totalitarian rule.

Imagine: several million Jews owning firearms between 1938 and 1945.

Is the mind capable of such a leap of faith or is it too painful?
I live by myself now, never mind all those wimpy desert dogs - they will turn tail when real danger is at the door. My German Shepherd from solid working lines, yes, I can count on him, but he's over 10 years old and not as quick as he used to be.
I've been fully armed for decades - since I was a teenager, as a matter of fact. Even when Bill was alive. Where I live, is remote. There is only one person who can protect me, and that's me. Don't strip me of my guns. The outlaws who want to have guns, will always have guns - no matter what the laws are.
Gun restriction laws are like limit laws in pet ownership and mandatory spay and neuter. None of them addresses the real issues, and all of them punish the law abiding citizen.
You want to prevent a repeat of Sandy Hook? Start improving this country's mental healthcare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Viewers have tried to comment, so I have opened up comments to the public again. (Due to repeated abusive language submitted by one person, I have restricted comments for a while.) The sporadic technical glitches persist. I see blank comments coming in frequently. Blogger needs to fix this, one of these days. Please email me if your comment does not appear.