Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Safqa Hunts

Safqa Idiiyat-es-Sahel is an 11 months old Azawakh taidit (female). 
The wind was blowing so hard that the rain poured down horizontally. Most of the dogs just stayed inside. Except Safqa. She wanted to hunt and hunt she did.  I did not go outside with my camera until after the rain stopped. In the first image Safqa spotted her prey, a mole.

Next, she was sitting back with dead prey at her feet. She's bringing her prey to the house;  she set it down, watching carefully to make sure no one would steal it. Last photo shows her consuming her prey. Safqa, performing her work for which she was designed to do, over millenium. The huntress from West Africa. Safqa: named after one of the most precious dam lines of the asil Arabian strains on the island of Bahrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viewers have tried to comment, so I have opened up comments to the public again. (Due to repeated abusive language submitted by one person, I have restricted comments for a while.) The sporadic technical glitches persist. I see blank comments coming in frequently. Blogger needs to fix this, one of these days. Please email me if your comment does not appear.